Saturday, November 10, 2018 7-11:30pm
6:30 - VIP admission / 7pm - general admission
Gilley's Dallas - Southside Ballroom (1135 S. Lamar, Dallas, TX 75215)
White Rock Elementary PTA's Biggest Event of the Year!
BUY TICKETS in the Shop WRE Store!
WHY IS THE AUCTION IMPORTANT?
The annual auction is White Rock Elementary PTA's biggest event of the year. Our PTA spends every cent made at auction each year on school enhancements, teaching resources and other amazing programs with a goal to reach every child. The school relies on money from the PTA Auction to cover the gap between what our state and district provides and the kind of educational and community programs we know will build a truly well-rounded child. In the past five years, PTA Auction funds have provided the following items for all of our students and staff to grow and learn:
Click here for a complete list of the 2017 "Hippies & Harleys" Auction Disbursements
- One For All Fund - $40,000 *This fund will cover the cost of all most all of the field trips, in-line skating, recorders, etc. for EVERY child at WRE.
- Additional Material Allowances for all departments at WRE:
- SPED Allowance - $1,250
- Speech Allowance - $700
- Dyslexia Allowance- $700
- Counselors Allowance - $2,000 *For materials and training for school safety, bullying, cyber bullying, general well being of students
- Library Allowance- $1,125
- Teacher Allowance - $2,000
- Teacher Classroom Supplies - $18,600 *$300/teacher
- Literacy Library Fund - $5,000
- Subs during parent/teacher conferences - $4,800
- Escrow 2018-19 PTA Operating Budget - $25,000
- Poster Maker - $719
- LH Beautification Project - $500
- Minute Math Flash Cards for 2-3 grades - $1,680
- After School Enrichment Program Fund - $15,000
- Grade Level Chair Scholarships - $6,750
- RISD approved School Safety Devices - $4,500 *Looking at fire code approved door locking devices and or training etc.
- (5) K-6 Instructional Tutors - $100,000
- $250 per Teacher gift for room enhancements - $17,500
- Scholarships for LHHS seniors (2) - $4,000
- Contribution to the school PPCD program in honor of Griffin Shaw - $2,000
- Shade canopies and picnic tables - $35,000
- Capturing Kids Hearts program training for staff - $30,000
- Teacher professional development & subs - $17,600
- STAAR Tutors - $8,400
- Emergency sub fund - $1,800
- Wish List items for music, art and PE teachers - $10,075
- Additional iPads and Otter boxes K-6 - $87,200
- Speech manipulative - $535
- Sky Ranch chaperones - $6,200
- Leveled Literacy Intervention Kits - $5,820
- Laminator for workroom - $3,500
- Itunes Gift cards for iPad programs - $10,000
- Special Events Funds - money given to the school for those students who need assistance with field trips - $5,000
- Outfitting an extra 3rd grade Technology Classroom - $14,495
- Outfitting Technology Lab with new computers - $19,000
- Multiple Flex-Cat systems (microphone systems to help children hear) - $6,000 per unit
- Itunes Gift cards for iPad programs - $10,000
- Short Throw Projectors and Belkins stands for 2 per grade level, art, and music - $40,000
- Electronic Marquee to enhance communication - $50,000
- Donations to other Lake Highlands area public schools - $11,875
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE AUCTION?
Enjoy food, drinks and music while you mix and mingle and enjoy the auction activities:
- Live Auction
- A professional auctioneer runs through a list of amazing items including trips, unique experiences, sporting tickets and more.
- Silent Auction
- Bid on items like gift certificates, services, professional sports tickets, and more. If there is an item you really want, you can set a "Max Bid" on our new mobile bidding system and let the app do the bidding for you!
- Sign & Go Parties
- Purchase themed parties, such as a Cinco de Mayo, Chili Cookoff, and Masters & Mudbugs that are hosted by WRE families. All proceeds go to WRE.
- Class Projects
- Each grade of students creates a unique piece of art that is available to the highest bidder.
- School Experiences
- Bid in the silent auction on some amazing experiences for your kids including bat boy for the LHHS baseball team or fun outings with your kiddos favorite teachers.
- WRE Dad's Club Raffle
- Be there as the winner of the 2nd WRE Dad's Club raffle winner is announced! Winner will receive a $1500 Gift Card to NorthPark Mall.
- Mystery Boxes
- Come place your bets on Mystery Boxes put together by our very own WRE Moms and Dads! All boxes will be valued at at least $250! You won't know what's inside or who's box it is until the bidding is over!
- Raise the Paddle
- Introduced in 2015 - Raise the Paddle is a way to directly impact our school allowing you to make a donation towards a "wish list" item for WRE!
WHAT ARE THE TICKET PRICES?
Tickets will be available starting July 1st in the Shop WRE Store.
- GENERAL ADMISSION tickets are $95/person and include 7pm admission to the event, access to all auction items, dinner, beverages (until 11pm), and live music. On October 28th tickets will increase to $125 for general admission.
- VIP TICKETS are $125/person and include the above PLUS admission to event 30 minutes early (6:30pm) with ability to sign up for sign and go parties and silent auction items AND an exclusive VIP beverage. Only 120 VIP tickets will be sold.
- SPONSOR A TEACHER we LOVE our teachers and staff at WRE and want them to be a part of this FUN night! WRE PTA will provide teachers with reduced priced tickets to the auction if they would like to attend. If you sponsor a teacher for $75, you will be helping PTA offset the cost of their tickets. Or simply make a donation toward the teacher ticket fund in any amount of your choosing!
DO WE HAVE TO GO HOME WHEN THE PARTY IS OVER?
HECK NO! WRE has a block of rooms reserved at a special price of $169 at the NYLO hotel. Visit the Hotel Info page for information on how to book your room today!!
WHAT DO WE WEAR? DO PEOPLE DRESS UP?
This year's theme is “Miami Vice” - think 80's fashion, New Wave culture, Yacht Rock music, tropical colors, palm trees, and flamingos. Miami in the 1980's typical attire for men included an Italian sport coat, T-shirt, white linen pants, and slip-on sockless loafers paired with the iconic "five o'clock shadow". For the women, shades of pink, blue, green, peach, fuchsia, and tropical prints paired with BIG HAIR was all the rage. Many of the styles popularized by the TV show, such as the T-shirt under pastel suits, no socks, rolled up sleeves, and Ray-Ban sunglasses, have today become the standard image of 1980s culture. Use these as a source of inspiration or interpret this theme however you want. No pressure to dress up at all - just come as you are if that's more your jam! Click here to learn more about our Miami Vice theme!
Without volunteers, this important event simply could not happen. Every bit of help is welcomed and appreciated! If you have any additional questions about the auction or how to get involved, please email email@example.com